Saturday, August 14, 2010

innocence dreaming alone, or, In a world of strangers



innocence dreaming alone
or, in a world of strangers


profoundest of desires deep inside to lay you bare
& taste passions born of mutual divinity
but walls and masks and games before you'd let me touch you there
& I'm not old or wise enough to be who I will be

words I've said and haven't said visit me like lies
like vague approximations even I don't understand
the closest and most honest of them still a thick disguise
a touch divine and brilliant yet eludes these clumsy hands

maybe I won't weep because i acted amateur
& pushed you farther still before we ever really met
you may think the effort wasted, me I'm not so sure
I only know I have to try: there's nothing I regret.

& maybe you won't notice if, with all my art & soul,
I try to make you laugh & gasp & turn around & feel
an act when truly genuine is more than just a role
we'll all be actors anyway; with practice I'll be real.




No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS are most certainly welcome