Friday, March 3, 2023

The Gift (The World Is Beautiful Again)

Inspired by Katabatik's Ceremonial Abyss, experienced live at Cone Shape Top, Oakland, 2/25/23.


The Gift 

a fragment 

by a female Faust 


The world is beautiful again. 

It was given to me yesterday as a gift 

It was actually given a long time ago 

the first time 

& several times after that 

but only yesterday did I get it 

did I finally understand. 

The world is beautiful, again, 

like it was when I was very young & it was new 

like it was when I was still young & it renewed 

like it was before I learned 

before I set out to teach it 

how it should've been when I was older. 

I learned things because I thought I was supposed to 

the things I thought I had to learn to grow stronger 

I needed to prove that they didn't kill me 

These things that did not make me stronger, 

I don't think they ever will, but if they do not make me stronger,

I'm afraid they might make me dead. 

Beauty makes me stronger 

the impossible beautiful coalescence of 

this now 

this small room 

filled with records & ciphers & pictures & drawings 

all of them imbued with specific familiar particulars 

with spirits, for me, 

& not just for me, 

ghosts of a coming of age 

of paths traveled & not traveled: 

records, relics, recipes, replicas, 

& maps & magazines & magick, 

& people, the people, my people, 

less than kin but all most kind 

crowded in & listening close, intently 

to a dense rich music delicate & profound 

as motes dance in the warm yellow light 

in honor of this beautiful World. 

2 comments:

  1. oh how it felt perfect, the moment read.

    but one relentless crutch was inside when that moment unfolded

    release the crutch. With the perfect ceremony? What has been imperfect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a randomized curated cutup based on a search with a line from your poem/comment i thought interesting enough to be my response. (otherwise i must think & will get back to you)

    a “We what a they in how
    in both shall
    in time
    moments
    relentless finest Veneration
    black
    purpose and natural
    of moment
    in about old briefly viewing stuttering
    This its being
    took aesthetic

    Imagine
    is was
    Women Centric
    Is as Experiment and ago
    but disinterest global prospects
    1st
    Yeah Amazon capitalism interested
    year's of During at They stop history
    CO PRINCIPAL reliable
    plant serves the
    a the
    is around
    had OF music Joy
    the condition Strange by moment:
    Life bitstream that Eternal disorientation

    space do work
    hero to convert

    when delicious works twin in Harlem caravans
    Thinking bathroom alone pacing
    his these unfolding and such
    Apologist had a

    of stop land presenting

    off turn sea the honest between us

    it Based Rice about Justice
    World's Stone
    of call such in by narcissistic
    behavior dies her
    Living this just replaced great

    the mob king As Write
    In durable com Living and thing responds:
    yes pdf
    unfolding Journal day moment
    Ma indeed
    magazine articles at just such eye
    of online only a getting
    Day life just which terms
    The decimated

    you was
    question movie
    intermittently Dream


    ourselves a New wits and Between and only

    if deeply long Science offbeat Eight
    one marks unfolds crutch and Change
    made relentless
    rattle

    waiting Instead

    relentless said and perception
    documents crutch pain find
    resence unfolding can
    unfolds Iconography from let takes
    the future anyone not other \We
    that through unfolded get her She Wits Power

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS are most certainly welcome